Neumann College was established after several thoughts and considerations just as emergence of any institution.
However, the idea of this health institute was conceived when the impact of Neumann International Schools in Kumasi and Obuasi had been felt positively.
Neumann International School has two branches; Atwima-Abuakwa near Kumasi and Obuasi-Adansi. The school was originally established in the year 1988 at Obuasi which then gave birth to the School at Atwima-Abuakwa near Kumasi in 1990 / 1991 academic year.
WASSCE & SSS APPLICANTS
The School will admit students with West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE) with at least credits in six courses (C6) in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects in Science, General Arts or Home Economics subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 or better for SSSCE holders and 36 or better for WASSCE holders. Preference will be given to students with Science electives. This is in response to the mentoring institution’s policy of admitting only students who offered general science at the senior high level. Senior Secondary School applicants will enter the programme at level 100.
TOP-UP FOR DEGREE
- TOP-UP IN BSc. GENERAL NURSING IS AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DIPLOMA & CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
- 1. REGISTERED GENERAL NURSES (RGN)
- 2. STATE REGISTERED NURSES (SRN)
- 3. HEALTH ASSISTANT CLINICALS (HAC)
- 4. NURSE ASSISTANT CLINICAL (NAC)SSS
- Be 25 years and above at the time of application
- Pass a selection examination and interview.
Mature applicants include:
A. DIPLOMA HOLDERS
Holders of a Diploma in Nursing from recognized institutions with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a pass in the licensure examination conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana will be admitted to level 300.
Also, State Registered Nurses who have worked continuously for ten (10) years shall as well be admitted to level 300.
There will also be a selection examination and interview.
B. OTHER MATURE CANDIDATES
- Health Care Assistants, Community, or Enrolled Nurse (enter the programme at level 100) and in addition should have minimum credits in SSSCE / WASSCE even if they are not up to 25 years of age.
- Matured students who are not professional nurses at the time of admission should have the minimum requirement for admission as stated for SSSCE / WASSCE.
Foreign Students Requirements: Foreign students must have result slips translated into English if not in English and verified by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) to ensure that only qualified candidate are admitted to pursue the programme. The results must meet the set standards for the programme. In addition, applicants must be able to speak and write fluently in English or its equivalence as established by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
Candidates who have taken accredited Nursing related programmes in approved tertiary Institutions may be considered for admission on advance standing. The student on transfer will have to provide a testimonial from his/her former institution. Each case will be considered on its merit.
Name: Neumann College
Contacts: 0574661117 / 0267330492
Region: Ashanti, Ghana
Ghana Post GPS: